Lisbon Stump Jumpers Member Meeting February 11, 2016
Present: 15. Officers/Board: Dave, Jane, Joe, Cheryl, Rob, Steve, Brad, Richard, Members: Allan, Judy, Derek, Jim, Jane, Craig, Jacob – Missing Board memebers: Dick Benoit, Scott Graham
Treasurers Report: Income: $11,305.76 Expenses: $1698.40. Total amount in checking and CD reviewed at meeting, but not included in minutes per prior vote at meeting.
Includes $100 income from the Safety Course. Whole report was available for review.
Secretary Report: of January 14, 2016 reviewed.
Membership Report: Current members 42 family, 42 Single reported to NHSA. Five have requested information to be mailed. Five have requested to not have information sent to them. Those not wanting NHSA membership and the Sno-Traveler constitute extra $10 for the Club.
Trail Master/Administrator Report
Winter Grant-In-Aid 2016 – minimal of the grooming money will be used
Summer Grant-In-Aid 2015 – due April 15. Need to present ideas next meeting
Rob cut a revised section of the trail from Cheney property to Gulf Road
Vintage Race Sub Committee (Joe, Brad, Allan, Rob, Craig)
All members helping with track set up are to meet at Club House at 9 am Friday. Poulson’s trailer is in place. Brian Santy is bringing bales at 3:30. Snow brought by 2 volunteer trucks/drivers – Schofield and Dodge. Jeff Winn of Cut & Fill Excavation charged bill of $3112 for 21 hours at a 25% rate deduction. Idea presented by Brad to ask Town of Lisbon next year to help/donate vehicles/drivers. Track is icy, but there is one. The certificate of Liability insurance was available for review, and a copy has been given to Presby Construction. The LSJ, Presby Construction and Dale Simpson are listed on the certificate purchased by the Great North Woods from George M Stevens thru Tudor Insurance Company. The policy is for $2million aggregate. Bill from the Great North Woods has not been received, but should be less that the $800 + bill of prior years. There is no tent this year – saving over $600. We ordered fewer port-a-potties and did not need to pay for a sound system. Trophies are for 17 classes, but all the same size. No prize money to race winners this year – another savings of close to $3000. Steve wants to incorporate a means to get emails from spectators for a communication tool to promote the Club. Copies of the program booklet created by Andrea were available. Harrison did the publishing, and inserted an Ad thereby decreasing the cost of the booklet. We have an announcer, Aaron Maynard lined up and Cheryl has created an announcer packet for him.
Littleton Club (LORR)
No further communication between our clubs, so still set for Saturday February 27th from 9-2 at Littleton Chevrolet. Without snow we won’t have ride-in. We are not sure what the event will contain.
Easter Seal Ride-in
Over 101 thousand dollars was raised this year to donate to Camp Sno-Mo.
Snowmachine Safety Lights
Samples of the lights were available at the meeting. Go to www.ledpowersports.com/ to view the Trail Buddy Snowmobile Safety System (amber/green lights). The 3M base kit is $65. The screw down until is $70. IF you want to order a set, coordinate the order with Dave Graham. If we send a group order, the owner and member of LSJ will donate a portion of the proceeds to the LSJ
Draft bylaws written by Dave were distributed, input from members reviewed and were incorporated into the final copy which will be approved at the March meeting. Some the changes included: reword dissolution area to include giving money to those clubs that assume the trails, or to Camp Sno-Mo versus the NHSA. Other items were cleaning up words/sections. A discussion ensued to clarify that the State does have rights to claim the groomers for up to 7 years after the GIA was received to purchase them, or for 4 years after GIA received to refurbish them. Cheryl asked for clarification of who can sign checks – especially when two signatures are needed. Signatures can be: President, Treasurer or Secretary. Woodsville Guaranty bank has formal documentation from the Club to know who can be on their signature card.
Storage area for equipment
Discussed the pros and cons of either the Connor’s parking lot versus Schofield land as a site. Discussed a pole barn versus a canvas structure with tubular steel supports as used by the Bow Pioneers. A sub-Committee of: Rob, Craig and Derek will bring information to the next meeting. Derek has access to Linex – North Country Hydraulic building and equipment, and is able to do welding needed. Rob will discuss with him getting the cutter bar attached to a drag. Joe has not had discussion with Frederick “Rick” Tilton about use of the prior Sugar Hill Depot.
Joe W to be the chair: Discussed slate to include Pres: Cheryl, VP Joe, Sec – Joe Ransmier, Tres – Jane. Formal slate of officers will be presented at the March meeting for voting at the April Meeting. Nominations are still welcome.
• Thursday March 10th at the Little Grille at the Depot.
• Saturday April 9th is the Annual Appreciation Dinner. Generally the April meeting is conducted at the end of the dinner.
Respectfully submitted: Cheryl Wiggett Sec.